In this article, we will tell you in detail which laser printer is better to buy for home use and whether it is worth purchasing a device with the ability to print in color or to save money and take a black and white machine. To answer such a question, the user for himself must in advance correctly determine the goals and purpose of the equipment even before purchasing.
In addition to advice on how to choose a cheap and reliable laser printer for your home, we have prepared a list of the “top” models on the market.Â For each, you will find a description and data on the strengths and weaknesses, characteristics, capabilities of printing devices.Â By choosing any of the offered models, you will definitely get high-quality equipment.
- 1 Criteria for choosing a laser printer
- 2 Ratings and 5 Best Laser Printer
- 2.1 Xerox Phaser 3260/DI Monchrome Laser Printer
- 2.2 Specification
- 2.3 Samsung Xpress SL-M2070W multifonctionnel
- 2.4 Specification
- 2.5 About this item
- 2.6 Brother HL-L2340DW Laser Printer
- 2.7 Specification
- 2.8 About this item
- 2.9 HP Laserjet Pro P1102w Wireless Laser Printer
- 2.10 Specification
- 2.11 HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer
- 2.12 Specification
Criteria for choosing a laser printer
Device print type
- Powder printing . This type involves the use of special powder toner in special containers called cartridges. In addition to the powder, it consists of several more parts, namely: a photo drum, a rubber shaft, a waste bin, and a cleaning blade. The printing process itself consists in baking ink on sheets of paper under a high temperature. Before that, the charge of the photo roll is changed, toner is supplied to the charged areas, then it falls on the sheets and heats up to instant drying in a special oven. All this happens in a few seconds.
- The LED type is almost identical to laser printing with one exception. The charge of the fotoval is on another from the current one, due to which the toner is fixed on its surface, is applied not by a system of lenses and lasers, but by a large number of LEDs. This is where the name comes from. Depending on the supported print resolution of the printer , the number of diodes can be up to 10,000 pieces.
- Solid state embodied all the best qualities of laser and inkjet printing. The ink in such devices is in a solid state, and in the process of printing under a high temperature, it is heated and applied to the paper, forming the desired pattern. They get the job done quickly and, most importantly, provide high quality prints. Photos from a solid state printer are less prone to wear and tear over time.
Acceptable paper sizes
Most laser printer models support A4 paper. Most likely, this type of sheet is used at home. Very rarely does anyone have to print A3 banners or even larger prints at home? And buying equipment for a format larger than A4 is not worth it. It is unlikely that such an acquisition will be able to recoup itself in the future.
Performance and speed
- Under performance means the possibility of office equipment to print a certain number of sheets. In a laser printer, first of all, you should pay attention to the cartridge. The starting ones, those that come with the device upon purchase, will need to be replaced very quickly. When buying a new consumable, pay attention to its page yield, that is, the number of prints that it can produce at one filling. Often such information is indicated in its characteristics.
- Print speed is equally important. But the parameter is more critical for inkjet devices. For laser, the time of the first page out is more important. This directly affects the speed of output of prints. The fact is that to start working, the printer needs to warm up the stove inside it to a very high temperature, which can go up to 200 degrees. It is clear that this takes a lot of time.
Color or black and white printing
- Black and white models are initially cheaper when purchased. In the future, only one black cartridge needs to be refilled and serviced. Conventional toner is relatively inexpensive. Such a printer copes well with printing text, graphs and diagrams. This version of the technique is suitable for most schoolchildren and students for whom it is important to have at hand a tool for transferring their abstracts or coursework from a computer to paper.
- Color laser printers use a minimum of four cartridges (black, blue, yellow, and magenta), which must be replenished from time to time with expensive, powdery consumables. Or solid ink for solid state technology. The pleasure is really not cheap. If you do not plan to frequently print drawings or photographs, then there is no economic sense to buy such devices.
Duplex is a printer feature that allows you to print on both sides without user interaction. Such models are equipped with a special device, which inside the device is capable of automatically turning a sheet of paper over and, accordingly, applying an image on both sides.
The lack of duplex in a home printer is not critical, since the settings of many text editors allow manual duplex printing. But if printing on both sides occurs frequently, then such a possibility of the technique makes life much easier for its owner.
- The presence of an Ethernet connector will allow you to connect the printing device directly to the network through a network outlet or modem if they are close to each other.
- The ability to connect via Wifi and the presence of WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) technology will enable the printer to be connected to the network without having to enter the network code and password.
Ratings and 5 Best Laser Printer
Xerox Phaser 3260/DI Monchrome Laser Printer
Supports laser black and white printing at a speed of 20 sheets per minute. The tray holds 150 pages in total. The weight of the device is only 4 kg, and it also has a compact size, which allows you to place the equipment right on the desktop. The resource of one refueling is designed for 1500 prints. In addition to A4 paper, this printer can print images and text on glossy and matte surfaces. Has support for modern Wifi wireless technology.
Samsung Xpress SL-M2070W multifonctionnel
A multifunctional device that, in addition to printing, can scan and make photocopies. Supports only b / w printing on the maximum A4 format, the print speed is 20 pages per minute, and the cartridge is enough for 1 thousand printing sheets. During operation, it consumes only 310 W and emits a sound equal to 50 dB.
About this item
Print/Scan/Copy, A4/B5/A5, 1200x1200dpi, USB 2.0, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, NFC, 7.4kg
Brother HL-L2340DW Laser Printer
The fast, productive printer that produces prints in 2 sec. on 1 sheet. Supports excellent work quality with an extension equal to 2400 * 600 dpi. The owner will also appreciate the enormous cartridge yield that can handle over 2,500 pages on a single refueling. You can connect to the device via a Wifi network, and also easily work with it from mobile “devices” through special applications. The HL-L2340DW has a few more pluses, namely: double-sided printing, separate (drum separately) “chipless” cartridge, economical model.
About this item
- More for the money with this high quality Product
- Offers premium quality at outstanding saving
- Excellent product
- 100% satisfaction
HP Laserjet Pro P1102w Wireless Laser Printer
Total monthly output of 5,000 pages, fuser warm-up time is less than 10 seconds, can print on labels, transparencies, envelopes. It is easy to connect the printer and install the software on any computer or laptop. It differs from competitors in the high-quality performance of its direct work. One of the best home printers in 2022.
HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer
Small size color “laser”, which is characterized by high ink savings when printing photographs or drawings in color. Thanks to the unique development of HP engineers, this device boasts high-quality printing. Compatible with non-original cartridges, the installation of which reduces the price of one printed page several times. This printer is easy to connect over the network and directly through the USB to a PC. Of the minuses, the owners highlight the complexity of the initial setup. A good option for photo printing.