Canon is a printer brand that is popular due to several reasons! For starters, the brand has been around for quite some time, making reliable and excellent products for users. One of their most popular products has to be their printers. Canon printers are great for at-home and business use.
However, just as any electronic device, even Canon printers might have issues from time to time! Today, we will look over your options for when your Canon printer is printing blank pages. The printer printing blanks is quite a common issue that can arise; luckily, the solutions are also pretty simple.
Before we proceed to that, let’s go over a few reasons why your printer might be experiencing this issue.
- 1 What are The Main Reasons Why Your Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
- 2 What to Do When Your Canon Printer Is Printing Blank Pages?
- 3 Here are a few tips to help avoid this issue in the future
What are The Main Reasons Why Your Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
While there might be many reasons why your Canon printer is printing blank pages, here are a few most important ones!
- You might have a block in the vacuum of the printer.
- There might be an issue with the printer’s leading.
- You might have a hardware or printer driver issue.
- You can check if the printer’s ink levels might be lower.
What to Do When Your Canon Printer Is Printing Blank Pages?
1. Try updating the printer driver
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Your first step will be to choose both the Windows Home key and S key. It will open the Search box, and then you can select the Device Manager.
- After opening the Device Manager, you can click on the option for Print Queue and make sure you expand it.
- You can then right-click your device and choose the Update Driver option. Then you will check if the update is available.
- You can then click on the Update option and let it install.
- Make sure to restart your printer, and then it should resume adequately.
2. Replace your cartridge before it gets dry
In many cases, a dried-out cartridge might be why your printer is printing blank pages! So, make sure you keep an eye out for the cartridge and replace it as soon as you think it is necessary! A great option is to buy a printer that alerts you when the cartridge is empty.
3. Make sure to unclog the print heads.
Unfortunately, when you haven’t used your printer in a long time, it can cause parts to become blocked! It is not ideal, of course, so you need to clean these areas!
It is pretty easy to do this! You will need to follow these steps:
- First, turn your printer off and simply take out the unclog print heads.
- Next, you will take out your Canon printer’s cartridge.
- After this, you need to get a dry and clean cloth and clean the printer thoroughly.
- Finally, place the new ink cartridge in place, and you will fix your issue.
4. Make sure you are not printing blank pages.
It might seem funny at first, but it is quite a common mistake to print blank pages by accident. So, make sure that the pages you are printing have some content on them already! If you are not canceling this suspicion out, no matter what method you opt for, it will not fix your problem!
5. Engage a deep clean
In this scenario, if nothing else has worked, we recommend a deep clean! Here are the steps you need to follow:
- You will go to the Control Panel and open the option for Devices and Printers.
- Then, you will click on Properties, and then you need to select your Canon printer’s name.
- After this, you will select Device Settings from the properties section and choose the option for Preferences.
- Click on the Print head option under Preference. Then choose the option for Services and Clean Print head.
- In the Maintenance tab, you will click on Deep cleaning and then on the Nozzle check option.
Watch this video if you are not a fan of reading:
Here are a few tips to help avoid this issue in the future
Now your Canon printer might no longer be printing blank pages! However, prevention is always better than the cure, so let’s go over a few methods to help prevent this from happening.
Make sure to use your printer more often.
If you use your printer regularly, this can ensure no clogging or blockage with the ink. The print head will allow ink to flow more easily. No ink will sit near the nozzle head, so your printer will not be producing blanks anymore!
Utilize high-quality cartridges.
Even if you print a lot, do not opt for cheaper cartridges to save money. What’s the point of spending less money if the work won’t be as high-quality or as efficient? Only opt for high-quality generic cartridges to get the job done. If the ink is of low quality, it can produce low-quality results as well!
Make sure the printer doesn’t heat up.
To make sure your printer doesn’t heat up, first, try not to overuse it! Try switching it off in case you aren’t using it overnight! We also recommend that the printer is not placed near any window and gets an excellent spot! Keep it away from other machines as well! If there is too much heat on it, the ink inside might harden up. It can also cause it to clog up.
These are all little steps, but believe us, they go a long way when it comes to fixing your printer printing blank pages.
Finally, we are at the end of this review on what to do when your Canon printer is printing blank pages! It can be pretty daunting to fix a technical device as a printer yourself. However, luckily, with our help and this guide, the task became much easier for our readers.