A printer is a crucial part of the documentation, be it an office or educational department. The real struggle begins the moment you decide to replace the printer. Long-lasting, fast in action, and reliable performance, if that is what you want, try Epson L120 all-in-one color inkjet printer.
Epson L120 is a space-saving, compact, classy option at an affordable price. Whether you are buying it for home use or office purpose, Epson L120 will work best for all. Whether this printer is worth buying or not, let us find out in this in-depth review.
- 1 Epson L120 Review
- 2 Things to Consider When Buying Epson L120 Printer
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Epson L120 Review
- An entry-level printer at an affordable rate.
- Prints up to 4,500 monochrome sheets and 7,500 colors sheets on a single full refill.
- Manual duplex for dual side printing.
- 300-prints per month duty cycle.
- 1/5th of the printing cost compared to other inkjet printers.
- User-friendly interface.
- Warranty time up to 2-years.
- Effortless setup.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- High paper yield.
- User-friendly interface.
- Satisfying printing quality even without high technologies.
- LED indicator.
- No Wi-Fi connectivity mode.
- No auto document feeder.
- Poor printing speed.
Size & Design
The size and the design is the best selling point of this Epson L120 all-in-one color printer. The overall weight of the printer is 0.108 pounds with â€Ž5.12 x 13.39 x 17.72 inches. The compact design makes this printer the perfect match for study tables and the best space-saving printer.
Despite being lightweight, the body material is strong enough to withstand cracks and stretches. The side curves on the simple plastic frames grab the user’s attention at first glance.
You wonâ€™t be stuck while using this printer, even if you are a newbie. The control buttons on the side make it easy to operate the printer. On the top, an LED indicator is present.
Filling inks in the inkjets is also pretty simple. The notable genuine ink bottles within the printer ensure consistent and smooth ink flow.
Let us talk about the main feature! Epson L120 all-in-one color printer uses variable-double size technology: This technology offers 720 x 720 dpi resolution. This resolution is perfect for home and regular office-based use.
As the in-built quality itself is satisfying and impressive, the Epson L120 all-in-one color printer does not use ultra-high printing technology. L120 prints sharp pixel images with attention to detail.
The genuine 40ml CMYK ink bottles come in the box to enhance the printing quality and volume. If you want even better, invest only $5 for additional 70ml ink bottles.
Compatibility & Connectivity
Sadly, the Epson L120 all-in-one color printer misses pretty much essential connecting features. The only supported connectivity mode is USB connection- no Bluetooth or other wireless connections.
For those, who are okay with a wired connection, Epson L120 is idyllic for them. However, if you are expecting a wireless connection for unbothered compatibility, Epson L120 is not for you then. The compatibility list includes laptops, Macs, and PC; not compatible with smartphones.
Standing in the lane in the office compartment, waiting for your turn to print the bunch, isnâ€™t it irritating? That is why printing speed matters to speed up the printing process.
The Epson L120 all-in-one color printer prints 8.5 monochrome pages per minute, while 4.5 color pages. Sad to say, but this printing speed is slow; compared to the other inkjet printers of the same range. The paper tray can engulf 50 sheets at one time. Yet, it lacks an auto-document feeder.
As discussed earlier, the size is compact and lightweight. Carrying the printer from one room to another is like holding a book. Whether you move the printer from one room to another or building to another, you wonâ€™t face hurdles.
Things to Consider When Buying Epson L120 Printer
How out-class the product is and how long it will last; all depends on how observant you are while buying a product. To make your investment worth buying, here are the considerations for the best all-in-one printer;
- Duty Cycle:Â Besides checking how many sheets the tray can consume, check the duty cycle as well. The duty cycle defines how many sheets a printer can per month. The higher be the rate, the better it be. If you are having a printer for office use, consider between 500-800. While for home use, 300-400 is pretty enough.
- DPI:Â Dots per inch or the DPI count refers to the page’s quality. In general, the higher be the DPI count, the higher be the printing quality. The least to go with is 300 DPI.
- Printing Speed:Â Do you want to stand in the lane for too long, impatiently waiting for the printer to get your work done instantly? Make sure the printing speed is high; at least 20 monochrome pages per minute.
- Wireless Connectivity:Â In this smart era, consider having advanced products. Wired connection is the basic one we used to have in the early 2000s. It is 2022, prefer having a wireless connection.
Overall, the Epson L120 all-in-one color inkjet is a decent entry-level printer. At a pretty low cost, the printer offers satisfying printing quality, design is compact and user-friendly.
What we didnâ€™t like about the printer is the poor connectivity and slow printing speed. However, if you are buying a printer for home use, there is nothing to worry about.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Epson L120 have a scanner?
Epson L120 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer. It means it can fax, scan, and print, copy all at the same time. The scanning speed this printer offers is 19/ppm.
Does Epson L120 have WiFi?
Connectivity is the only department where Epson L120 drops the performance. Epson L120 is a wired printer with no wireless connectivity features. Hence, no Wi-Fi.
What type of printer is Epson L120?
Epson L120 all-in-one is a color inkjet printer. It features in-built ink tanks on the sidebar, which are pretty effective and affordable in range.