When we think about devices that have made our lives easier and our work more efficient, it only makes sense that we tend to think of printers! Printers are an invaluable asset to invest in for any person, whether you work in an office or need them for your children’s school projects, they are set to deal with any task.
HP is one of the best brands in this regard. However, when your HP Envy 4500 is printing blank pages, that’s when you know something is not quite right! You can, unfortunately, suffer quite a bit if this happens to you. Not only can you be left behind in important work-related deadlines but you might need to acquire professional services which are quite expensive.
Another issue that you need to think about is the initial cost of your printer; HP isn’t a cheap brand after all! So, if you come across the HP Envy 4500 printing blank pages’ error, then you need to find quick and easy solutions to fix the problem yourself! Most users will not have the knowledge that you can easily fix this situation yourself.
That’s why in today’s article, we are going to inform you of the main reasons why your HP printer might be printing blank pages. After that, we’ll get to the methods you can use to fix the issue. We know how hard it can be to take your printer to a professional especially with the pandemic not going anywhere, anytime soon. So, this article will act as an in-depth guide.
However, before we get to that, we will also look over the main reasons behind the HP Envy 4500 printing blank pages error!
- 1 So, what are the reasons my HP Envy 4500 is printing blank pages?
- 2 How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Printing Blank Pages Error?
- 2.1 1. The first method that you can use to fix this issue is via HP’s official recommendation.
- 2.2 2. The next method is to restart your device
- 2.3 3. The next method is to search the document for blank pages
- 2.4 If you have a Windows device, here’s what you need to do:
- 2.5 If you have a Mac device, here’s what you need to do:
- 3 Conclusion
So, what are the reasons my HP Envy 4500 is printing blank pages?
There can be many reasons why you get the HP printer printing blank pages’ error. You can blame a clog in your print head right down to accidentally using the wrong paper size to do your printers! With these, reasons, you will get a better idea of figuring out how to fix the blank page issue.
- The nozzles are clogged. If the nozzles of your HP device are clogged even when you see that the ink is dry, then there might be a clog as the main reason why your printer is printing blank pages. The easiest solution to this dilemma will then be to clean your nozzles.
- There is no ink in the cartridge. For some reason or the other, you might not have changed the cartridge in your printer! It makes perfect sense that a printer without a cartridge will only print blank pages, so this can be a possible reason. You need to keep a close eye on the ink levels.
- Proper installation of the cartridge isn’t done. Another reason might be that the cartridges haven’t been properly installed on your HP printer. This might be causing the printer to produce blank pages.
- Your paper size is not accurate. If your printer device is not being used with the right kind of paper size needed, then it can lead to blank pages as a result. You need to look at the HP Envy 4500’s manual and instructions for this information.
How to Fix HP Envy 4500 Printing Blank Pages Error?
1. The first method that you can use to fix this issue is via HP’s official recommendation.
According to HP one of the main causes behind their printers printing blank pages is that users are not utilizing original HP ink cartridges and ink. They recommend that you only use their brand-specific cartridges and printing supplies otherwise your printer can be damaged. By using the real HP cartridges, you can ensure that printing errors such as HP Envy 4500 printing blank pages will not occur.
2. The next method is to restart your device
While this might not seem like it can do a lot, simply restarting your device can deal with errors and fix them. This method has also been shown to fix the error when your printer is printing blank pages. Here are the steps you need to follow to restart your device:
- Your first step will be to click on your HP Envy 4500’s power button.
- To ensure that it gets a complete restart, you can also take out the cable.
- Make sure to wait for at least 3 minutes.
- Then, put the cable pack into the socket and restart your device.
3. The next method is to search the document for blank pages
Another reason why you might get this error is due to your saved document having blank pages in it. This of course will be an accident but has to be addressed if you want to resume proper printing and not waste paper.
If you have a Windows device, here’s what you need to do:
- First, go to Printing Preferences and click on the option for Maintenance.
- Then, you can proceed to the Settings. After this, you will get an option that lets you skip blank pages. Select it.
- Do not forget to click on Ok, so the settings are saved.
If you have a Mac device, here’s what you need to do:
- Your first step will be to go to the Finder option.
- Then, you can select the option for System Preferences.
- After that, you’ll see an option for either Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
- It will then give you some instructions to follow. As long as these are followed, you’re good to go.
Also read: Top HP Printers That Use 61 Ink in 2022
We all know exactly how expensive your printer purchase can be! That’s why you must get your money’s worth from your purchase! Now that you know exactly why your HP Envy 4500 is printing blank pages and you know how to fix it, you should be good to go!