If you work in an office or need tons of copies and prints for your final dissertation as a student, there is no denying that you’ll need a reliable and trustworthy printer to help you out. What better options to choose from, than HP devices? The HP Envy 5055 is one of the most popular printing devices for a reason. It is reliable and can handle quite a bit of printing needs.
However, even with the most reliable and well-reputed brand, you can get issues. After all, technology is prone to glitches and errors. You might want an instant solution to this dilemma since it can disrupt your workflow especially if you are working from home. You might need those important papers right away.
The best we can do is to understand why our devices might be making the errors such as when HP Envy 5055 printing blank pages occur. Once we have understood them, we can easily move onto figuring out how to fix the issue.
Today’s article will not only list out all the potential ways there are to fix this error for blank pages, but it will also address important preventative measures we can take for long-term use. So, before we get to the main fixes, let’s look over the main tips to keep in mind.
Related: HP Printers That Use 61 Ink in 2022
- 1 How can I keep my HP Envy 5055 From Printing Blank Pages?
- 2 Fix for HP Envy 5055 Printing Blank Pages
- 3 Conclusion
How can I keep my HP Envy 5055 From Printing Blank Pages?
Here are some tips that you can keep in mind when using your HP Envy 5055:
- Do not use any cartridges besides genuine HP ink cartridges since HP has already recommended this.
- Make sure that your device is kept clean and this includes the nozzles. They can easily get blocked and cause blank pages to print.
- When you open your device to use it, first check the ink levels. If they are low, you might need new cartridges.
- Only use settings that are compatible with the kind and size of paper being used.
Fix for HP Envy 5055 Printing Blank Pages
1. Method 1 is to try updating firmware.
To do this, you have to follow these steps:
- First, download and install the newest version of firmware via your device.
- Then go through the methods to update your printer’s firmware from the HP website.
- Once you find the information, follow through with it to update and then try printing again.
2. Method 2 is to make sure your HP printer’s ink levels are good.
If your HP ink cartridges are empty, then it means your pages will be printed blank since there is no ink present to print your text or images.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Add your blank pages to your printer’s tray.
- Then, select the setup button in the Control panel.
- Proceed to select the option for Tools and then click OK.
- After this, you’ll choose the option for Estimated Ink Levels and click on OK.
- It will let you know if the ink levels are super low. In this case, simply add new cartridges.
3. Method 3 is to clean the Print head to unclog it.
When your HP printer’s print head has the ink dried over its nozzle, that means you are dealing with a clogged printer. In that case, you will get the HP Envy printing blank pages’ error. There is an automatic and a manual method to easily unclog and clean your device.
For the automatic method, you can choose this auto clean option from the Control panel. When you are at the printer’s control panel, then go to the Printer Properties and from there you can select the option for a deep clean. It will proceed to clean up the clog.
If you want to opt for the manual method to clean your printer instead, here are the steps to follow:
- First, you will get to the cartridge’s carriage area.
- Then, you will take out all the different components and units of the cartridge.
- Then, simply take out the print head very carefully.
- After this, you can use a damp cloth to wipe away any residue of ink or dry ink from the nozzle and printhead. We recommend a damp and warm cloth.
- Then take out the print head and place it in a bowl of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- This will cause all the ink to loosen up and break free. Then, dry your print head using a towel or tissues and once properly dry, add it back into the printer.
And that’s it! Now, you can make sure that if your printer is printing blank pages, the nozzle and print head are not to blame since they are clean.
Method 4 is to use AirPrint drivers for installation
If you have macOS, you need to make sure that its software is completely updated. If it is not updated, here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences. After this, you can then click Print & Scan.
- You will then look for your printer name in the list. Once you find it, click on it and then delete it from the list.
- You might have to delete the printer queues if there are more for the same printer. You will have to do this one at a time.
- After this, select the add sign and select Add printer or scanner. Your printer will show up and then you can select it.
- Then choose the Use or Print Using menu, click on AirPrint when it pops up and select Add.
Read more: HP Envy 4500 Printing Blank Pages Fixed
It can be tough to try and fix the error of HP Envy 5055 printing blank pages, especially if you do not have a technical background. However, today’s article has laid out all the basics you can use to fix the issue without the need for professional help!